Diane Baker

As far back as I can remember, my Mom would drink everyday. She was a nurse at St. Joseph Hospital. When she would get off work she would leave and we did not know where she was or when she would be back. My sister and my Dad took care of me and my brother. I can remember my brother taking my handand walking me through the woods to a little church in our neighborhood on Sunday mornings. That was the only time I could go is when my brother went with me. My Dad worked every day to keep food on the table. As we got older my Dada got sick and went to be with the Lord in 1971. My Mom remarried a few years later and moved to South Carolina. That marriage did not last long and she moved back to Asheville. She moved in with my sister but my sister told her there would not be any drinking. My sister had three daughters and they loved their grandmother at a young age. The girls started going to church and ask their grandmother to go with them . After awhile she wentwith them and it was not long before my Mom’s life changed forever. It took me a long time to forgive her for leaving me so many times. My sister did everything for me and my brother. But God came into my life and I forgave her and we had about fifteen years to love one another. I loved my Mom so much when she went to be with the Lord of February 10, 2002 and I loved my sister with all my heart when she went to be with the Lord on January 4, 2011. i want to thank the Lord for all my blessings. he has healed my body so many times, He had His hands on both my sons, othe of them were in motorcycle wreckes BUT GOD has plans for them. It is yet to come. but it’s coming soon. And He had His hand on Crystie when she had David. We almost lost both of them BUT GOD has a plan for them also. David was born with a heart condition BUT God has healed him for something special. I don’t know what it is but God is in it. Now their is my husband of 47 years. He went to be with the Lord April 17, 2006. He never went to church. He knew nothing about the Lord. The Dr. told him that he had cancer in December 2005 and told him he had about eighteen months to live. Brother Carl started to come by a couple of times a week. They would talk about fishing, hunting little bit of everything. One day Arvil ask if he could go to church. I told him of course you can. On the second time he went to church he went to eht alter and gave his heart to the Lord. He told me he sure wished he had went a long time ago. It’s like the song I’ve got so much to thank him for, and I really do thank him so much!